Gas Treatment Solutions
Gas treatment solutions
Cement plants are now facing an increasing number of environmental regulations with tougher pollutant emission limits. Various polluting emissions such as particulates, SO2, SO3, NOx, HCl, HF, Hg and Dioxins/Furans can be released to the atmosphere during grinding and pyroprocessing operations.
To help its customers face these emission reductions, Fives designs and supplies high efficiency gas treatment systems to clean the exhaust gases throughout the plant. Fives' equipment use the latest technology in filtering and scrubbing to achieve removal efficiency in order to meet the most stringent environmental regulations.
From supply only to full turnkey solutions, Fives can help cement plant meet their environmental permits without affecting production.
Fives' Dust Control solutions consist in proprietary baghouse filters, designed to remove particulates out of air or gas released from industrial or combustion processes. With more than 60 years experience in designing and manufacturing bag filters for the biggest players of the industry, Fives can provide the most reliable and efficient systems on the market.
With more and more stringent local regulations and a global awarness about dust emissions, Fives's filtration technologies improved constantly to combine high efficiency, low footprint and optimized air consumption.
TGT® and Sonair™ Filters advantages include:
- the lowest Can Velocity of the market for the best gas/dust distribution
- the soft landing technology to prevent the snap-back effect and preserve the bags
- bags from 2,5m to 10m to fit every situation with the most compact solution
- leak detection and localization for maintenance efficicency and the best environmental results
- no-tool maintenance design inside the clean air plenum for fast maintenance operations
- Smart Data monitoring for baglife optimization and iar consumption control
- modular design for an extremely low mounting time
SOx Control solutions
SO2 and SO3 can have major impact on human health, even at low concentration. Condensation of acids in the atmosphere leads to acid rains. That's why now most countries apply SOx regulations and bring industries on the way of emission reductions.
In cement burning lines, SOx come either from raw materials (pyritic sulfur) or from combustion fuels. Although most of the emitted sulphur is absorbed by limestone and quickline within the burning process, some emissions can still occur at the stack and must be taken down. SOx final removal can be achieved by using hydrated lime.
Fives address every step of the SOx path in order to design the best removal solution, considering the following key factors:
- mill on / mill off conditions
- fuel mix conditions
- SOx cycles within the process
- gaz temperature and composition through the process (from kiln to stack)
- bypass system
As a process expert, and depending on process conditions and plant configuration, Fives proposes the best solution for dosing and injecting the right quantity of hydrated lime at the right point.
NOx Control solutions
NOx emissions in cement plant are mainly made of NO emissions and very few NO2 emissions. Two kind of NOx are produced during pyroprocess operations : "thermal NOx" resulting from high temperature and air excess at the burner and "fuel NOx" coming from the nitrogen present in the fuel at the precalciner's level.
As a process expert, Fives designs the rigth solution for NOx control and reduction, combining primary and secondary technologies.
Mercury Control solutions
Mercury emissions are highly versatile and require a close control. In cement plants, Mercury has multiple cycles and faces, whether condensate, particulate or gaseous, whether elementary or ionic. Different solutions are then used to trap it but finding the right solution to remove it from the process requires a great expertise. Thanks to their expertise, Fives engineers design the most suitable combination for Mercury control at cement plant.
- Dedusting of process gas from cement main kiln/raw mill, coal mill, clinker cooler vent, finish mill.
- Acid gas scrubbing and mercury abatement on main kiln.
- NOx reduction on main cement kiln.
- Gas treatment on industrial kilns (lime, proppants, brick, coke...).
- Argos, Harleyville (TGT® filter)
- Cemex, Balcones (five TGT® filters)
- GCC, Dakotah (TGT® filters for NESHAP)
- Giant Cement, Harleyville (TGT® filters)
- Graymont, Pleasant Gap (EAD™ on lime kiln)
- Holcim, Mississauga (two TGT® filters)
- Eagle Materials, Sugar Creek (TGT® and Sonair™ filters)
- Lehigh, Union Bridge (TGT® filters)
- Lehigh, Edmonton (TGT® filters)
- National Cement, Ragland (TGT® filters)
- Saint-Gobain, Bryant (EAD™ on Proppants kiln)
- Saint-Gobain, Fort Smith (EAD™ Proppants kiln)
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here