Supporting shell replacement & shimming systems
In a rotary tube, the falling down or premature aging of refractory liners are usually caused by over-ovalization, or permanent shell distortions (forging).
When a too low gap between shell and tyre is adjusted while the kiln is stopped, depending on the operating condition, it can lead to an over shrinkage of the tyre on the shell during the operation. In order to avoid this problem, Fives proposes a supporting shell replacement, integrating its unique designed shimming systems.
Supporting shell replacement
Fives provides a comprehensive solution for kiln supporting shell replacement:
- Shell deformation survey to optimize the cutting area, using its unique brick fall prediction model
- Sizing and design studies to determine the optimum shell length, shell thickness, shims thickness...
- Equipment supply through an efficient international sourcing
- Complete erection studies to prepare all tender documents for erection subcontracting and avoid loss time during works
- Supervision and/or erection (from single supervision to complete turnkey contract) with strong safety management on site
FCB shimming systems
The « shims » are placed under the tyre, and are blocked in the kiln axis direction by square blocks and in rotation by spacers welded on the shell.
The tyre is maintained by shoes set between the shims and welded on the shell.
In addition, variable thick regulating shims are inserted between the shell and the shims in order to adjust the gap between shell and tyre, taking into account the varying running parameters.
- Longer refractory lifetime
- Lower shell ovality
- Reduced risks of cracks
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Simplified maintenance operations to come
- Floatings shims adapted to existing rotary tubes
- Lafarge (Kenya)
- Lafarge (France)
- Holcim (Switzerland)
- Huntsman (Spain)
- Alteo (France)
- Italcementi (France)
- GICA (Algeria)
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here