The ball mill is traditionally the basic system used for the grinding of raw material, clinker and additives in a cement plant, as well as a wide range of minerals.
Benefiting from a large experience, the FCB B-Mill has been designed to be particularly well adapted for the grinding of products at high fineness and grinding of very abrasive products and solid fuels.
Because each grinding process has its own characteristics and constraints, Fives designs fit-to-process solutions.
- From very large to small mill size
- Air swept mill or a bi-rotator mill
- Fitted with a single chamber or two chambers
- Fitted with a pre-drying chamber or drying compartment with lifters in case of moist additives.
Flexible and reliable drive system
Drive system will be selected according to the mill power, from girth gear with single pinion drive (up to 3,900 kW) or double pinion gearbox (up to 8,000 kW) to central drive (up to 12,000 kW), and will include barring drive with clutch system for maintenance operations.
Pioneering shoe-bearing technology
For large mills, Fives has developed a pioneering technology consisting in supporting the tube mill by tyres integrated into the mill shell, sliding on shoe bearings. This technology enhances the level of safety and guarantees a minimized maintenance cost.
The FCB shoe bearings technology offers:
- Effective load pressure ensured by only one shoe bearing at each end of the mill
- Shoe bearings mounted on Teflon-stainless steel swivels to allow oscillation to the sliding tyre
- Natural formation of hydro-dynamic oil film by off-centre swivel
- Equal under-load local deformation of sliding tyre and shoe bearing, ensuring the permanence of the hydro-dynamic oil film
- Lubrication system adapted to every operating phase (normal operation, barring maintenance, cooling period) with necessary monitoring and safety interlocking
- Detection of abnormal stresses by separate hydro-dynamic axial thrust with safety interlocking
- Special design for easy access for inspection and maintenance allowing shortest shutdown period.
- Most adapted mill to grind abrasive materials
- Easy maintenance
- Widely known technology
- Stable operation
- High availability of installation
- Simplification of inlet and outlet ends
- Wear reduction of mill inlet liners
- Increase of through-flow areas for optimized mill ventilation
- Easy access for erection and maintenance
- Raw meal
- Cement (clinker and additives)
- Coal, petcoke
- Minerals (Ceramics, Tiles, Fired clay, Silica, Lime, Gypsum – Anhydrite, Blast furnace and steel slag, Copper slag, precious metals, special metals, Titanium, Manganese, alloying metals, Limestone, base metals, Phosphates, Proppants, Iron ore)
More than 100 references, among which:
- Cimar (Brazil) - Shoe-mounted mill for slag cement
- Holcim Brasil SA (Brazil) - Shoe-mounted & trunnion-mounted mills for petcoke
- Holcim Apasco (Mexico) - Shoe-mounted mill for raw material
- Titan / Beni Suef Cement Co (Egypt) - Shoe-mounted mill for cement
- QNCC (Qatar) - Shoe-mounted mills for raw material and cement
- Saudi White Cement Co (Saudi Arabia) - Trunnion-mounted mills for raw material and cement
- Bunge Maroc Phosphore (Morocco) - Trunnion-mounted mill for phosphate
- Lafarge Cementos SA de CV (Mexico) - Trunnion-mounted mill for coal
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here