Qatar - Signature of the Provisional Acceptance Certificate by Q.N.C.C. for its 5th production line at Umm Bab
On June 27, 2018, Qatar National Cement Co. signed with Fives FCB the Provisional Acceptance Certificate finalizing the implementation, on an EPC basis, of its 5th production line with a 5,000 tons/day clinker capacity.
The contract for this new production line, located in Umm Bab plant, covered the whole equipment from the raw material preparation to the cement dispatch. It included Fives process equipment for the 440 tph raw meal grinding plant, the 2x115 tph cement grinding plant and the burning line:
- one raw grinding 6,600 kW FCB B-mill with its associated FCB TSV™ 7500 Classifier,
- one 5-stage single string FCB Preheater and its FCB Zero-NOx precalciner,
- one 3 piers FCB Kiln 76 m long,
- two Fives TGT® process filters,
- two cement grinding 4,200 kW FCB B mills with their associated FCB TSV® 4000 Classifiers.
In addition to the previous QNCC’s lines no. 2, 3 and 4 also implemented by Fives over the past 20 years, this 5th production line raises the total capacity of Umm Bab plant to 16,000 tpd of clinker.