JSC Mordovcement (Russia)
- Contract date 2011
- Wooden chips handling system
- Substitution rate up to 40% of fossil fuel consumption
JSC Mordovcement decided to use wooden chips as alternative fuels to reduce its production costs and ecological footprint. JSC Mordovcement entrusted Fives FCB with a contract for the upgrade of 3 sites in Russia.
In July 2001, JSC Mordovcement awarded Fives FCB with a contract for the design and supply of 4 complete wooden chips handling and dosing systems for its Alekseevskiy, Sengileevskiy and Staroalekseevskiy plants. These systems were intended for feeding 7 rotary kilns, including four in wet circuit, all fitted with Pillard Novaflam® burners.
The contract included:
- the studies for the design of the complete handling and dosing systems
- the supply of mechanical and electrical equipment
- the studies for civil engineering and steel structure works
- the integration design of the new systems in the existing plants
- the erection and commissioning supervision.
These modifications enabled JSC Mordovcement to replace up to 40% of its fossil fuel consumption with wooden chips, thus complying with the Group’s program to reduce its costs and environmental impact. The complete system can be adapted to burn other types of alternative fuels.
Phone: + 33 3 20 43 75 01
Fax: + 33 3 20 43 75 13
Phone: + 55 11 4195 3098
Phone: + 91 44 4292 7272
Fax: + 91 44 4292 7282
Phone: + 7 495 745 5647
Fax: + 7 495 775 4840